Saturday, August 20, 2011

Does Typing 2 Million Words Make Someone Ambidextrous and Change Their Brain Format?

As a very prolific online article writer, I've probably pounded out 2-3 million words in the last 6-years, and I don't know for sure exactly how many, because I am not certain how many articles I've done now via speech recognitinn software - however what I do know is my abilities to do things with my other hand have improved drastically, including writing or even silly things such as crumpling up a piece of paper and shooting it across the room into the trash can with amazing accuracy.

Why is that? This is not something I've been able to readily do until recently. So, to my question which is also the title of this article, I dare to ask; "Does Typing 2 Million Words Make Someone Ambidextrous and Change Their Brain Format?" and to that question, I believe so. They say that kids to learn a new musical instrument when they are young do better at math. Why is that? Is it because of the dexterity and the use of their hands in learning and playing the musical instrument along with the sounds and melody from their sense of hearing?

Is it because of how all those little muscles in their fingers find corresponding areas of the brain to connect the dots? Because of the Internet, text messaging, and all the personal tech toys are we inadvertently causing the changes in the formatting of the human brain in such a way that allows the human brain to do other things? I believe so.

Of course, spending over 10,000 hours typing on a keyboard producing online articles is not something that people have typically done in the past 10,000 years. Neither is text messaging, or the act of carefully pressing very small buttons or touch screen keys with incredible accuracy, using either hand, but hopefully not while operating an automobile - do you see what I'm driving at? It is known that folks who are ambidextrous, are also capable of other things, and their brains perhaps have a different ratio of white to gray matter.

If someone's brain is formatted to think a certain way, and then they learn a different way to think, they are most likely capable of thinking both ways in the future, this could create interesting combinations, and better brains. But we don't know that for sure, and the research is rather vague, but other people have asked similar questions so it appears that my theory here might actually hold some water, therefore it commands more review. Indeed I hope you will please consider all this and think on it.